I am an editor and proofreader who has many years of experience playing board games and explaining rules to both adults and children. I take pride in delivering high-quality copyediting services with professionalism and integrity. You can trust me to meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality, and handle your game materials with the utmost care.
Please contact me if you would like me to provide a quote.
The two images here show a selection of games from my collection – I haven't included any expansions. The collection includes (mostly categorized as on BGG):
- abstract (Azul, Clans, Patchwork, Through the Desert)
- children's (Geistesblitz Junior, Zombie Kidz Evolution)
- family (Bonanza, Carcassonne, Cartegena, Elfenland, Forbidden Desert, Fresco, Isle of Cats, Kanagawa, Splendor, Stone Age, Takenoko, Zombie Kidz Evolution)
- strategy (Agricola, Alhambra, China, Dominion, Everdell, Evolution, Le Havre, Navegador, Power Grid, Race for the Galaxy, Small World, Terraforming Mars, The Castles of Burgundy, The Search for Planet X, Vinci, Wingspan)
- two-player (Battleline, Jaipur, Patchwork, Targi)
I don't think I've ever got rid of a board game so some of these have been around for a while, but my kids are now old enough (8 and 10) to try more family games so the older boxes are coming out again. Recent wins with them are Isle of Cats, Splendor, Small World, and Thurn and Taxis.
I often play short two-player games with my husband in the evening (Patchwork is the current favorite) and at the weekend we pay longer games with friends – most recently Terraforming Mars, Evolution, and Lost Ruins of Arnak.
I have a PhD in mathematics from Nottingham University, UK, and a Master of Laws (LLM) from the Open University, UK. My copyediting and proofreading training has been done via the UK's Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) and the USA's Editorial Freelancers Association (EfA).
I set up my freelance business in 2021 and work on a mixture of academic texts and board game rules. Information about my academic editing work can be found here.
As a Professional Member of the CIEP, I follow their Code of Practice.